Direction
Sooo, today I have come to realize that my life right now mirrors my sense of direction (to that WZM who is a good friend would off-handedly say: does that mean that your life is nonexistent) but I would retort that it is simply lost.. But potentially retrievable. I had a half day at work which started with the inevitable late factor - what's 32 minutes really and who's counting, plus which Otherwordly/Cosmic Entity is it that has endorsed the 7AM starting rounds doctrine for doctors anyway?? It would make perfect sense to me to wake up and feel the need to snooze only once, take at least 2 sips of my Nescafe rather than fumble/fix/mix in a flash and then to part with it untouched (but did gaze longingly at it); stroll out and defrost my car in a very leisurely manner as opposed to pounding on the ice and breathing inflamed curses to make it melt faster, and park where I'm supposed to park (for free) rather than bursting through the gates of the closest parking ramp and pay - well- pay alot of money but always with the thought that that's it tomorrow for sure (for sure!) i will park in the free parking which is much farther but free. But anyway, half a day in the hospital where the most productive thing that I did was to orient my staff (my boss/the ultimate doctor responsible for the patients) that today was sunday and not monday (but she did know who the president of the United States was, when prodded, which vaguely reassured me). Later, I set out with AH to Williamsburgh, an outlet mall which boasts the Banana Republic, to browse, perchance to buy.Quick phonecall to AR first who reiterated I80 West, Rouba, not East, then signs everywhere and all you have to do is take The Exit. 30 minutes later and I hear AH puzzling over why we have reached the city of Cedar Rapids. Maybe it is beyond Cedar Rapids; are you sure; ummm yes, uh no....; ok, are we on I80 East because i could have sworn we took West; ummm, let's seeee, Oh My God we are on I380 North careful careful and after all these altercations I manage to get us safely back to where we had started from. No banana republic then but we did manage to savor microwaved fondue au chocolat (zeez americains zey turn everyssing french into an abominable meecrowaved mess) with bananas. And so turn the vertiginous wheels of my life - in no particular direction.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home