Reflections from far mland

Friday, August 29, 2008

Hotel

I have an unparalleled view of one third of a radiator. It has a pressure valve which looks like it could become a geyser of water from china town. There is also a pungent smell in the corridor that has been seeping into the room despite all attempts to spray mademoiselle generously. I am particular about smells. This one I cannot describe except by saying it is like opening the pall of a putridied embalmed mummy. Embalmed with Chinese herbs that I am sure contain ma huang and strontium. These molecules have made their way insidiously into my receptors and have deranged something up there, as you can deduce from the nonsensical musings I am spewing.
I am afraid they will come and stuff me with green feathers if I close my eyes. there was a halfnaked man on the fourth floor and a door painted red saying cinco de mayo on the third. Is this how writers are born? In a room so sickly that it will infect your imagination? It's infecting me with strontium of that I have no doubt.
Good night.
-San Fran Chinese Madness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home