Reflections from far mland

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Base Details

this post is inspired by the "taped" conv between Blush and yo Blair

it was a poem written by one of the anti-war, WW I poets called Siegfried Sassoon who was staunchly opposed to how a few politically reaching figures play around, joke around, and decide the fates of entire populations with far-reaching consequences.

Base Details by Siegfried Sassoon

If I were fierce, and bald, and short of breath,
I'd live with scarlet Majors at the Base,
And speed glum heroes up the line to death.
You'd see me with my puffy petulant face,
Guzzling and gulping in the best hotel,
Reading the Roll of Honour. 'Poor young chap',
I'd say--'I used to know his father well;
Yes, we've lost heavily in this last scrap.'
And when the war is done and youth stone dead,
I'd toddle safely home and die--in bed.

2 Comments:

  • It does look like the C-student we call Mr. Pres. has it all figured out in the Middle East. He has never been there, doesnt speak the language, knows nothing about its history or present and sure as hell not its future BUT, having said that, he thinks he solved all its problems with the "shit" heard around the world.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tuesday, July 18, 2006 2:04:00 PM  

  • Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, July 21, 2006 7:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home